02 09 44
Download this Blogger Template by Clicking Here!

Ad 468 X 60

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Widgets

Internship Report on Gulberg Fashion 2016

Internship Report


On

Gulberg Fashion

This internship report is to be submitted for fulfillment of degree requirement of

Master of Business and Information Technology

By

Aamir iqbal anjum

MBA (Dual) Marketing and HRM
Presented to:

Dr. Nayyar Raza Zaidi
Institute of Business and Information Technology

University of the Punjab

Dedicated to my Parents


Without their knowledge, wisdom, guidance, and prayers, I would not have achieved the goals I have strived for and the best to reach my dreams.


Acknowledgement


I thank Almighty Allah who blessed me and made it possible for me to complete this internship report. I am also very grateful to may parents who supported me during the hard times I faced. I wish to express profound gratitude to my teacher Sir Mansoor Mehmood for his persistent guidance, keen interest and continuous encouragement.



I am also thankful to all my teachers of IBIT who taught me and helped to apply the bookish knowledge into practical life. I am also extremely thankful to all my team of Gulberg Fashion who made this project possible for me.


Executive Summary



I considered many options in deciding where to do my internship. My option included working in a Bank, working with Insurance Company or working in Textile sector. I decided to work in a textile company as 68% of the Pakistan’s export is dependent on Textile. I think Textile sector has bright future in coming years. Keeping this in mind, I decided to start my internship in Gulberg Fashion.


Gulberg Fashion is engaged in processing raw fabric to finished products and exports these products to different countries. Gulberg Fashion is situated in Sialkot and same location is for its head office. I worked in the head office and paid occasional visits to the factory in order to visualize the production process. I worked with all the departments which are:

1. Accounts and Finance Department
2. Marketing Department
3. Import and Export Department
4. Purchase Department


I started with the Finance Department as it is related with my major. In my internship I learned how to manage accounts for all types for the efficient working. To do the internship was much more important to me because it was not only the degree requirement but also an opportunity to grab practical experience before starting my professional career by getting proper employment in the business.

Introduction



Gulberg Fashion was established in 2001 in Sialkot for meeting the demand of good quality fabrics worldwide. The unit started operations in 2001 and its production capacity fulfilled the expectations of the management and proved as a successful venture.

Top management and all the employees, by hard work and sincere efforts, increased the exports of the company so that it became the leading fabric exporter in Sialkot. Gulberg Fashion is exporting its products to several countries including UK and UAE.

Now by the grace of Allah (the Almighty) Gulberg Fashion is one of the successful and leading exporters of fabric and garments.

Profile of the Industry
 
Overview


The textile manufacturing sector includes companies engaged in various textile products such as yarn, thread, twine, and knit fabrics, textile dying, coating, and waterproofing. Finished textile products include apparel, leather, curtains and drapes, canvas sheeting, and other fabric items. Pakistan exports are high dependent on the textile industry. Pakistan has become one of the leading cotton producing country.



Size, concentration, structure

Pakistan is the fourth largest cotton producing country in the world. Pakistan’s main share of textile products is more than 50% yarn only. Today Pakistan’s textile industry is based on 60% on spinning sector, 22% on weaving sector, and 18% on the finishing sector.



Share of the textile sector in Pakistan’s economy, along with its contribution to exports, employment, foreign exchange earnings, investment and value added in industry, makes it the single largest determinant of the growth in the manufacturing sector. It has 46% share in overall manufacturing activity, 68% share in export earnings with the value of $7 billion. The value addition in this sector accounts for 9% of GDP and its share in the overall employment is 38%.

Trends

Textile industry is concentrating towards value added products which includes garments, finishing fabric, home textiles, towels, curtains, trousers, shirting, and designer knitwear. The textile industry in the future requires increase of organizations producing value added products to meet growing international demands


Note if you want complete this report in (soft copy) you could email me at vuaccess@gmail.com

Complete report is only in Rs 500




SHARE THIS POST   

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: Mohammad
Mohammad is the founder of STC Network which offers Web Services and Online Business Solutions to clients around the globe. Read More →

0 $type={blogger}:

Thank you for your visit.